Tuesday 6 September 2011

about me

1. Ichose to do media because i hope it will help get me into the film industry in which i wish to be a camera man.
2. I am also taking maths, drama and phychology, hoping that these will get me a place in uni.
3. My favourite band is slipknot because i have allways been into heavy metal. I think this is because of the atmoshere it brings when everyone is together rocking out. Also i think the fact that i am a drummer myself acts becasue i can look up to Joey (drummer for slipknot) because he is extremely talented and one the 'drummer of the decade' award.



4.  My favourite tv shows are family guy, south park and the inbetweeners. This is because the crude humor and ubsurdness of it all appeals to me. Also i find that i can relate to the characters in the inbetweeners due to them being in sixthform.


Image Detail



5.My favourite is pulp fiction because it has guns, girls and drugs as well as a vey unique storie line that follows sevral different peoples adventures. also i find Quintin Tarantinos ways of directing very intresting, for instance he will often set his films out in chapters and tends to skip backwards and forwards in time a lot. Also each characters individual story line all tend to come together at the end of the film to create the full picture.It has a lot of great actors such as Bruce Willis, Samuel l Jackson, John Travolta.



I dont really read magazines apart from the occasional xbox official one so i can keep up to date on what new types of games are comming out as i am quite an keen gamer myself. I also spend quite a bit of time the internet looking on 420chan and facebook because i also like to keep up to date on what my friends are doing.

2 comments:

  1. Lawrence. Well done for getting all the questions answered but we'd like to see a bit more detail from you. What part of the film industry do you want to be involved in (directing, editing, scriptwriting, producing...)? Why do you want to get into the film industry?

    Could you explain why you like Slipknot? What is it about their music that you like?

    Although I know the 'sweet storyline' of Pulp Fiction you need to be more specific. The whole point of Media is being able to explain and be precise in your views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for updating this Lawrence. If you havent already then watch memento by Christopher Nolan, it has a really unconventional narrative.

    ReplyDelete